Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Day in The Life of a Wheaton Synchronized Swimmer

Hello,
My name is Rebecca Gordon and I'm a freshman on the Wheaton synchronized swimming team and will be updating you throughout our first semester of the new year. I am so excited for this upcoming season!

So here is a little about myself. My synchro career started ten years ago in my home state of Connecticut in the U.S age group division. I competed with the New Canaan Y Aquianas where our team won two national age group gold metals and had a top 10 placement at U.S opens in trio and Team in 2007. I qualified for phase 2 of Jr. National Team trials. We placed 2nd at the Peru Aquatica Cup and 3rd in team at the Pan American games in 2008 and in 2009. I placed 9th in figures at Age Group Nationals.
As a freshman at Wheaton I am getting into the swing of things while balancing synchro with academics. I have seen improvement in my synchro skills while being a Lyon and continue to push myself at practice. it has not been difficult adjusting to college life here at Wheaton. I have a wonderful support system to guide me through these first few months. I cant wait to keep you updated on all the wonderful things the Lyons are doing!

Rebecca*

No comments: