Thursday, March 4, 2010

We are Defying Gravity... And Expectations

Ciao All!

As I am sitting here listening to "Defying Gravity" from the Glee Soundtrack, I have decided that the lyrics mirror our intentions as a team for Nationals. We are finished with accepting the limitations places upon us by being a D3 school, as well as the limitations we set for ourselves because we are afraid.

We are working hard every practice to reach our full potential and grow as a team. Our routines are strong and there is no place to go from here except up.

On another note, Midterms are this week, and those are stressful! But in all reality they are not that terrible, though who doesn't think their world is ending when an exam has to be rescheduled early due to competition scheduling? One week from today though we will be far, far away from the gloomy Northeast weather and loving the non-humid (although maybe a little cold) California sunshine. Good thing we are coming from snow, 60 will be summer to us!

There is not too much going on this week but I do have a funny story:

So last night I was asleep when my roommate came in around 230 am. I woke up and decided it was time for practice (God knows why) so I started to get dressed to leave. I was so confused as to why my roommate was awake and out of bed, but I just thought "Oh no, I woke her up, I hope she can go back to sleep!"
She asked me what I was doing so I responded that I was looking for my pants to go to the pool. She then informed me it was 230am and told me I should just get back in bed. I looked at her like she was clearly deranged since it was time for practice, then realized what time it was, and went back to sleep.
Then when I woke up for practice I was extra ready =]

Take Care!

Amanda =]

No comments: