Thursday, February 25, 2010

And the Lyons have it! (Talent, I mean)

Ciao Ciao!

We are fresh from a stunning victory at the Regional meet at UPENN. Our trio, consisting of Christiana Butera, Jenna Swinkin and Kirsten Wendth, captured the first place in an unexpected outcome. This is the first time since 2003 that Canisius has not dominated all the events. We are ecstatic to see where our routines are going to place at Nationals in just two short weeks. Regionals was wonderful, some parents came up; such as mine, Christiana's father and Kirstens parents and grandmother. The strong support definitely helped out our swims, plus no matter what parents always think their children did wonderful.

This week has been spent preparing for this weekend's Canisius invitational, for which if nothing else we are looking forward to the amount of homework one can get done on a seven hour bus ride. In reality though, more important is the amazing food we receive at Ana's house on the way home, and also the competition.

As for me personally, there is some exciting news. I am turning 20 tomorrow and cannot wait to make cupcakes tonight (I mean... I cannot wait to eat all my veggies and lean chicken)! School has been going well, right now I am reading The Road for a class, and if any of you have spare time I highly recommend it. Along those lines, I am off to be productive student right now.

Here are some pictures from Regionals:






Buon Suerte!

Amanda =]

No comments: